The First Presbyterian Church on Green Avenue iit was the first air-conditioned public building west of the Mississippi River and its dome is the only opalescent glass dome inside of the United States.
It was commissioned by Frances Ann Lutcher as a memorial to the Henry Jacob Lutcher family. The church, a strong example of the classic Greek Revival architecture, was completed in 1912.
It serves as a focal point of the center of Orange where the Lutcher Theater, the Stark Museum of Art, Lamar State College Orange and City Hall all sit nearby.
Powered by ScribeFire.