Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wished I would have studied Red-Winged Blackbird


Talk about being sorry I didn't take Red-Winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus) in school instead of French, Spanish and Latin! It would have come in real handy today.

This fellow kept a steady chatter going, aimed at me. My guess is it went something like "Nest? What Nest? Come over here and see if I have a nest. Would I be over here if I had a nest of darling little ones over there? Over here! Come over here! You getting cold.

The fellow was on Highway 82 just over the line into Louisiana. I had gone down to Port Arthur to look for good birding spots and decided to run down Pleasure Island and across into Louisiana and Cameron Parish. It was a productive afternoon.
--steve buser

, , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment