Friday, January 16, 2009

Flying hi!

These guys fly overhead every morning and just after 5 p.m. Maybe they fly the rest of the day across here, too, but I am doing things then. I love it when one soars by one way while another cuts back across his path.

Anyway, everytime I see one fly a way across the sky I think of that Paul Simon song "A train in the distance," and the words:

"Everybody loves the sound of a train in the distance
Everybody thinks its true"

"
What is the point of this story
What information pertains
The thought that life could be better
Is woven indelibly
Into our hearts
And our brains"

I guess the fact that it's 30 below zero up where that plane is and the trail is water vapor from the exhaust that instantly freezes, doesn't fit to well with the metaphor here. Does it?

That's the point of it all, you either live in metaphors, or in reality.

--steve buser

No comments:

Post a Comment